The operation is comprised of several divisions, the most important part of which is the fire brigade, which employs all fire fighters in all six regions of the country. The operation department has 942 operations in 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Protects citizens during emergencies service.
- Extinguishes fires.
- Executes rescues service.
- Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards and enforcing codes.
- Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
- Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants, requesting and expediting repairs, and verifying repairs.
- Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms, driving and operating equipment, regulating water pressure, combating and extinguishing fires, and rescuing and reviving people.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
- Evaluates new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Provides information by completing reports.
- Handles minor medical care and other emergency services.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, studying publications, and participating in scheduled fire drills.
- Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.